Monday, May 7, 2007

Week#10 Gaming & Virtual Environments


Finally had a chance to get back to Week#10's activities...thanks to the several drop-in sessions (and Amanda's expertise). I've tried several of the arcade & puzzle type games. They are pretty much what has been out there for some time and I guess would be a way to pass the time. I also got a chance to explore the X-Men and MMORPG, and World of Warcraft sites...funny how corsets and breast plates are a common theme. Also had a chance to check out Second Life and it is bizarre! The technology and graphics are mind-blowing but personally I can't imagine spending too much time on it...maybe it takes a little longer to get hooked but my First Life is all consuming! Amanda did mention that once you get further into it you can experience some pretty interesting simulations which might be something worth looking into.

No comments: